Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Yay a baby!!! (+ 1)



Mike and I found out we were having twins at 9 weeks. Early for most moms. My dad actually did the ultrasound and scared the you-know-what out of me! He put the transducer on my belly, then took it off really quick. His eyes went HUGE. At that moment I thought, 'I must be having a miscarriage.' He looked at me and said "I will be right back". Obviously that didn't sit too well with me but disappeared before I could object. He returned shortly with a nurse who looked at the ultrasound. Then HER eyes went huge. My heart was going wild. I was terrified as to what was going to come out of their mouths. He turned the screen towards me and this is what I saw... I immediately began crying. The nurse asked me why I was crying and I replied, "I don't know!" I took a picture of the ultrasound with my phone and sent it to Mike. He immediately called me and asked, "Why does it look funny?" I told him the good news - TWINS. He replied, "Courtney, that is NOT funny." LOL. It took a little convincing but after the news sank in, we both cried. To this day I still don't know why I began to sob. I think it might have been fear, joy, and anxiety all in one. My dad said, "Courtney, with twins expect the unexpected." This was the beginning of one crazy pregnancy!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! So happy you have a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO excited that you have a blog now. Your girls are SO cute. Love them.

    ReplyDelete